Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday Shapes

Happy Friday (at least that is when I started this entry, although now that I see what time it is, I'm sure it will be early Saturday morning by the time I finish!)!!

We got a few inches of snow today (ughh! - I can't wait for spring already!) and the kids had the day off from school - SNOW DAY! So I decided to work from home to save myself the agony of the commute and also so my husband could do some work that he had to get done out of the house today. I was hoping that I would get a chance to get some extra stamping in given no commute, but oh well, not meant to be. I was pretty much logged in all day and on calls as well, plus all of the stuff that goes on when all the kids are at home - getting food on the table, trips to the bathroom (for my 2 1/2 year old), answering all of their queries for all sorts of things and of course, refereeing the squabbles! ;) But I can't complain because they were overall so good today - I got a bunch of work done and I made it through all of my calls without their voices inadvertently being heard! :) I didn't get a chance to sit down at my stamping table until after I put the kiddos to bed. But that's ok, because I did get a card done and I still have the whole weekend to be with my family.
I knew exactly what I was going to use to make my card - my new PTI stuff. My order came on Wednesday, but I didn't even get a chance to open the box up until today. I got a ton of stuff this time - up to this point I only had a couple of sets and the white CS, which I loved. But as I told my stamping friend, Jennifer, I really drank the kool-aid and bought myself a ton of stuff LOL! So here is the first card that I made with my new stuff. This is the first time in awhile that I didn't use PP on my card. It took me a little while, but I came up with my own panel for the card, which is btw, based on Beate's newest weekend sketch. I used one of the new sets they just released - Shapes by Design. The floral disk is definitely my favorite image of the set, so of course I had to use it first. I also really like the font used for the sentiments of this set. All of the CS is PTI-including their 2 new colors, which I am LOVING! The colors are so pretty and I love the weight of the paper. I only use the PTI white CS now, and can definitely see myself amassing all of the colors as they are released each month. Plus with the matching ribbon and inks, how can you go wrong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool - I actually broke into my new stuff too which never happens!!!! My new theme - Just Use It has been working for me. I even used a little of the new PTI on your bookmark. I won't tell you what it is you will just have to wait and see.

Boomark will have to go out Monday as i just missed the mail - boo - plus I still need to take a picture of it!

Hope you get more stamp time in this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Love the way you layered your sentiment!
Hugs and smiles