Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thanks IA...Finally a TKD stamp!

I have been on the hunt for fun taekwondo stamps (TKD, for short!) for what seems like a long time now. With 2 of my kiddos working towards their black belt, I am always on the look out for fun TKD in general. I have been wanting to find fun images (they are both 7 and under, afterall!) that I could use in their scrapbooks and for all kinds of cards.

So you can only imagine how excited I was when I saw the IA spring supplement. In their fun new monsters line (I have already posted a card recently using another one of the images of that collection - they are all toooo cute!), there is a little karate monster. I had to have him, also with all of the rest, of course.



So here is the one of the 1st cards that I made with this little guy! It is my birthday card for my oldest guy.




Stamps Used: Inky Antics
CS Used: Green Galore, Whisper White, Scenic Route PP
Inks Used: Basic Black
Accessories: Red SU Buttons, dimensionals, Cuttle Bug (love my CB!)

I am still on this kick of cutting out my images with my Paper Snips. I feel like it adds to the card, even when the rest of the card is relatively easy-peasy (like this one). And oh by the way, I figured out that I could turn my CS 90 degrees to emboss directly on the base CS and still get the HB sentiments going the right way (very pleased with that!). I guess that I am on the simple, but still fun kick overall. It seems that I have not always been using layers on my cards. Lately, I have been just stamping or working directly on the base. I really like how this one turned out. Guess I'm going through a phase...

Another Sunday night is here, which means I have been get back in the work swing of things!

Have a great week. Hopefully I will get a chance to pop in before next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed... :)