Not only has it been 5 months since I last blogged, but it has almost been that long since I stamped (wow it's looks even worse seeing it in black and white -LOL). It's been hectic last quarter of the 2007 filled with long hours at work and not nearly enough of time with my family. So what little I had was spent with them, hence, no stamping.
Do you know...I even sent non-handmade Christmas cards this year-gasp!! (this was my first time since I started stamping 3years ago) - but I loved them even if they were photo cards from Snapfish, because it was a great pic of my kiddos!!! But it is a new year, and I am working to wrench that life balance back in my favor. It helps that work hasn't been *too* crazy and because I am just that determined... So we'll see how this resolution holds up...
I spent some time last weekend actually making cards - I made my middle guys thank yous for his party and that is what got the creative juices actually moving for the first time in all these months. I think that it also helps that we got the Wii before Christmas, which I love playing, but also is now allowing me some time to sit at my crafting table (which is right next to the TV that the Wii is hooked up)!
But before I post the TY cards, Denise tagged me, so here we go:
(I'll do both since I've never done this before and I can't decide between the 2)
5 things I was doing 10 years ago: (For reference - I was just about 24 back then)
1. Was living in Hoboken.
2. Working my first job in NYC.
3. Went to the gym quite a bit - I belonged to a 24 gym that was next door to my building
4. Engaged to my now hubby
5. Loved going out clubbing with my friends in the city (what else would I be doing at 24 in NYC?)
5 things on my to-do list today (some of it has been accomplished already since it is 3pm when I write this):
1. Get my nails done - I have the permanent gel french manicure (I get them re-done once every 3 wks)
2. Watch my oldest son's basketball game (so exciting - it's amazing how he improves week after week and he is only in the 2nd grade!
3. Make a birthday card for a friend (it'll already be late though, as his birthday is tomorrow!)
4. Spend the afternoon with the boys as hubby needs to get some work done.
5. Make dinner reservations for tonight! :)
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Ben and Jerry's mix up of chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownie (amazingly good - could there be a better combination!)
2. Snickers - love them!!
3. Slices of fresh baguette with unsalted butter spread in top. I know this sounds weird, but I remember first having this as a snack as a little kid when we were in France visiting one of my parent's friends, and I have always loved it since. I could eat a whole loaf loaf on my own if I was left by myself.
4. Cookie Crisp cereal and milk - another instance, where if I had a whole box to myself and no repercussions, I could easily polish off the box on my own.
5. Bread from Cosi and an Arnold Palmer (1/2 iced tea, 1/2 lemonade). Cosi is a sandwich chain in the city that makes this great flatbread for its sandwiches. They bake the bread fresh and almost always have a bowl of extra bread that they cut off for people to snack on while they are waiting in line for their order. My co-worker and I go across the street on almost a daily basis for our afternoon snack...the people there don't even have to ask us what we want.
5 Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel everywhere
2. Buy a plane to enable us to travel everywhere
3. Pay off all debts and set everyone in my whole family (siblings, cousins, etc!) comfortably
4. Build a house in Hawaii. Every since my hubby and I went there on our honeymoon it is our Utopia!
5. Give lots to charity. :)
Although now that looking at this list, if I was a billionaire, other than giving to charity I feel like this list looks a bit lame! LOL I don't think I am thinking big enough, but this is all I could come up with right now!! :)
5 Places I’ve lived:
1. San Jose, CA
2. Nutley, NJ
3. Edison, NJ
4. Somerset, NJ
5. Richmond, VA
And I've lived in 3 different places in Hoboken and then my current home. I guess I have moved around a lot! LOL
5 Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Circulation desk in my college library (I was the the one who handed you past issues of Businessweek, etc. for school projects. I was also in charge of making sure the copier and microfiche machines were working too.
2. Waitress at a steak house
3. And then I have worked at 3 different places doing what I do now.
5 Things People Probably Don’t Know About Me: See below at my 7 Unusual Things!
7 Unusual Things About Me
1. I still have my baby blanket. I don't carry it around with me (obviously), but it is still up on the top shelf of my closet. I love it and will never part with it, no matter how much anyone (like my hubby and sons) make fun of me. The sentimental value is immeasurable!)
2. My favorite movie is Sound of Music. I know every word and song. And I'm not ashamed to admit it!! :P
3. I did not wear makeup regularly until my late 20s. My parents were strict growing up and never let me, and then I got used to not wearing it. I finally started to when I wanted to look more polished and mature at work after a few promotions. But I was such a spaz at first and always needed a major lesson from the women at the cosmetics counters before I bought anything. I always watched them so carefully and asked so many questions, they must have thought I was a moron. ...I look like I am 16 on the weekends with no make up and hair up in a pony tail!!!
4. Most people I know do not know I love to papercraft. Most of my family does and some friends, but no one at work does, except for 1 person. Don't know why, it's just one of those things I don't bring up. Then again, it also does not help that I haven't done it in 5 months anyway... LOL
5. I gave birth to all 3 of my kids naturally. I am deathly afraid of needles and would rather go through childbirth naturally than take an epidural. The thought of that big and long needles makes me shiver uncontrollably... I have to turn away when I get my blood drawn - I can't look even to this day!! How silly is that, right?!
6. I can still fit into my clothes from college. Very lucky genetically, so I really can't take credit for it.
7. I function well with little sleep. I don't know why this is or when this started to happen since I loved to sleep in when I was younger. But given my long work days and the fact that I just can't go to bed right after coming home from work, no matter what time I get home, its a good thing!! LOL I usually sleep an average of 3-4 hours a night, and as long as I recharge with a longer night of sleep every week to a week and a 1/2, then I do just fine...And I am sure that it also has something to do with the fact that I have 3 kids, none of whom slept through the night until they were 4-6 months (depending on the child!)
So that's it about me. Whew, I agree with you Denise, I feel like anyone who reads this would be able to make my twin (although who would want to do what with the quirks that I have!!!)
And now my cards...
These are a few of the TY cards I made for my middle kiddo's birthday. Same theme, colors and PP, but I was getting tired of making the same layout and b/c I wanted to use up all the scraps off PP. Usually I just throw away the excess if is not worth saving, but I decided to use it for different layouts, just so I could get the cards done!!
*(I can't figure out how to better place/space these cards - sorry!)*
Stamps Used: SU - By Air
Inks: SU Cranberry Crisp, Bashful Blue and Dew Drop/VersaMagic-Tea Leaves and Aegean Blue
Paper: Chatter Box, SU-Bashful Blue and Cranberry Crisp
Other: Paper piercing, SU Dimensionals