Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birthday Time

Happy Birthday to my littlest kiddo! :) He's 3 today - my, how time flies. I'm waiting for him to wake up, before heading off to work a "little bit" later than usual. I always take a picture of the kids waking up on their birthdays. I love catching their smile as they wake up realizing today is their day. One of my weird little traditions, I guess.

Matthew is such an active little boy, sooo affectionate and has a smile that is infectious. As a 3 year old, he loves all of the usual boy stuff. Ball, cars, trucks, water shooters, running around like mad when he gets the chance (which is often)... Lately, he is never without a matchbox car in at least one hand... as recently as the end of the school year, he was on a kick where he was always carrying 2. We would marvel at his talent of always being able to hold on them both while still fully functioning! (eating, going to the bathroom, playing with other toys, even tumbling and not hurting himself, as 3 year olds often do! - LOL).
So I search high and low for a car image for his birthday card. Strangely enough, I had a hard time finding one in all of my images... I am going to have to take care of that! But I found one in the retired SU set, Travel Time (masking the luggage rack) and colored it his favorite color - RED. I stamped it twice and raised the car on dimensionals to give it a little depth. I also used this week's sketch challenge. I don't have a 1 1/4 square punch (another thing I have to take care of!), which made the challenge take a little longer, but otherwise, I liked the sketch and how my card turned out. All of the paper from is BG - Cupcake, even the base card. I also used a sticker from the BG pack from the "road." Sentiment is from PTI (love the birthday set - so versatile.). Oh yeah I also used the Memento Tuxedo Black ink, which just came in my latest eP purchase. I think I really like it so far. Didn't get the bleeding that I have been getting with the Palette Hybrid Noir inkpad.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card!!!