Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boys will be boys

While I don't papercraft well or enough to really have a "style" yet, I suppose, like most people, there are types of images that I gravitate towards. And this collage image is certain isn't the norm for me. I haven't been drawn to the realistic style of images and instead usually go for more the cutesy or cartoony image. So maybe it was a combination of just wanting to try new things and the fact this is a boy image (which I always love) that made me just add one to the shopping cart on the CHF site in my last purchase. I love everything about this little guy: the age (love the post toddler, but still has enough baby in him), the outfit he is wearing and the quote. I love that it has a modern look (via the clothes and shoes), but still has a worn, shabby look.

Since getting back into card making on a steadier basis, I've been trying to work on my coloring skills. This image helped in that the shading was kinda drawn in and gave me guide to follow. I have been trying to think about shading as more than just more or less of the color in an area, but more like other colors and shades of the main color to compliment as well. For example, I tried to incorporate yellow-ish tones that had greenish-ness on the sleeves to show where the light would hit on the areas on the inner part of his arms around the elbows up to the wrist. Still needs a lot of practice, but I'd like to think that there is some progress on this front! I love that this craft stretches other parts of me and my brain... love this switch of gears after a long day of working with numbers and finance.

Deets:
Stamp: Boys will be boys collage; CS: PTI Kraft, SU Riding Hood Red and Crate Paper; Ink: Stazon Timber Brown; Other: Dimensionals, Prismas and Gamsol, BG button, twine
Posted by Picasa

No comments: