Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting Caught Up in the New Year


Whew! Amazing how quickly time flies when you are not paying attention to your blog - LOL.

I have to thank my stamping bud, Jennifer, for checking in with me. It was just the reminder I needed since has been ages since I had last posted. Once that time of the year and the holidays get started, it seems like in a blink they are done, but obviously LOTS has gone on in between. Between work and the holiday-infused home life (which was so much FUN), I did get a bunch of stamping and scrapping in, but (obviously) no blogging. I've also been running (yep, as in exercising) more. I had actually been running for a bunch of months now, but much better (as in consistent!) since August or so. I ran yesterday and got through a 5K without stopping, so I was soooo excited. I didn't even realize how far I had run until I clocked it with the car this morning. I just added an extra loop through a different part of my neighborhood and it ended up being another 1 mile.

Anyway, I just wanted to get back in the blogging swing of things to post a couple of cards that I made recently. Both use stamps from Elzybells, which I got for the first time ever sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas (they were running a free shipping promotion, so of course I couldn't resist). I had seen all the wonderful cards Paula makes with them and had to give them a whirl. They have such fun images. I bought a bunch of other images and made some cards, so I will have to post them in the future too. I colored both images with Prismas and gamsol (prismas are still experiencing their resurgence even after the holidays). The leaves that I used for the background in the second card is from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Hope that you had a great holiday and that 2009 is off to an AWESOME start.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary-Frances said...

I know this is revealing that i found and follow your awesome blog... not a silent stalker anymore :) but had to comment AWESOME on the 5K and Holy Crap it was COLD outside too!!! :) So excited for you - awesome feeling right? I'm addicted - LOVE it. :)Plus makes room for yummy calories when you burn so quickly running :) keep it up... going to start recruiting you for the 5K races we do! :) love you! xoxo :)

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! You are back. Sounds like you have been up to some awesome things!!!