Thursday, February 26, 2009

Doing the Damask (and this time, I'm actually "with" the times)!...

Hello, Hello to the few and the brave that check in from time to time! :)
I finally got my latest Paper Trey Ink goodies in the mail the other day and couldn't wait to try it all out. I hadn't gotten my PTI fix in a few months, but a couple of the sets this month really caught my eye. PTI has been all the rage in the stamping/crafting world (or at least the world that I follow!) ever since it debuted a couple of years ago. I have been a fan of most things PTI, and have slowly been adding them to my crafty collection.
I must to admit, I didn't realize how lucky I was to get my hands on the Damask set, until I saw the e-mail alerts that it had sold out soon after the 2/15 release. :) Like I've said before, I love all things stamping and crafty, but I tend to not be on the cutting edge of trends (definitely not one of the cool kids - LOL!) - most times I will finally catch on to stuff after most of the stamping famous have moved on to the next new thing. But this time, I'm not the last person to try something new.
I was definitely drawn to this set - I actually hadn't bought a PTI set in a while until I saw this one. I can see myself using it a lot - every card can't be a kiddie card for one of my boys, right? ;) On another thought, I also happen to visit (silently) this set's designer, Dawn, as regularly as I can. I thought it was pretty neat when I read that she was starting to design sets. I like her stamping style - love the colors she uses and her fun clean style. Obviously her first set was a success... and to think that I have one of them - LOL. Oh it's the little things... this is so why I love this hobby...
Have a great evening... I'm home from work today, so I'm off to start dinner (what a novelty during the week!) and spend some quality time with the fam. See ya.
P.S. Margot - I tried to e-mail you back, but your link doesn't show an e-mail addy. So if you happened to be back visiting my blog again... I just curved the PP with the sentiment between my fingers and then secured the part of the curve that touches the card base with an SU dimensional. It keeps it pretty secure. Hope that helps (woo hoo - I think that was my first question EVER from a reader! :) )
Deets:
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs; CS: Melon Berry, BG Two Scoops (green PP); Ink: PTI Melon Berry, Memento Rich Cocoa; Other: Sewing machine and thread, PTI buttons (LOVE this addition to tthe PTI line-up)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo - I LOVE the look of this whole card - the Design Work is excellent. So...to continue with my saga - I went to order those buttons along with other things and they were SOLD out!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'll just have to look at yours!