Monday, April 13, 2009

Teacher Thanks



Hello, Hello.
I'm winding down from a wonderful L-O-N-G, 5-day weekend with the family. Back to reality to tomorrow for everybody in my house. The kids are back in school after Spring Break and I'm back to work. Today was a very nice bonus - one of those Teacher in Service days, that happened to fall on a Monday after Spring Break, which was preceded by 4 half days for Teacher's Conferences! It feels like it has been a month since my boys have been in school!
I actually made this card before the holidays. My middle guy is in kindergarten, and I know I have mentioned this before, but I just {heart} his teacher. She is so sweet and my guy is loving her class. He's learning in leaps and bounds.
Every year, his elementary school's PTA sponsors a very fun mom's night out that includes silent auction. All proceeds go to his school, so how could you go wrong. So the silent auction includes teacher stuff - most of the teacher's donate an outing doing something with them (some do pizza dinners, ice cream runs, trip to the mall for a Build-a Bear etc.). My middle guy's teacher auctioned off a trip to Barnes and Noble and lunch with her and a friend of the winner's choice. I won the auction and they recently did the Barnes and Noble outing. My middle guy and his friend had a blast, and his teacher even bought them each books. Such a NICE gesture and fun time for the boys. I was really appreciative and this was the thank you card that I sent her. Gotta love our teachers!
Have a great nite! See ya.
Deets:
Stamps: CHF - Daisy Jar and Making the Grade (sentiment); Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa; Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Lemon Tart, BG PP; Other: PTI Lemon Tart twill, dimensionals and copics (can I even begin to tell you how excited I am that PTI is going to start carrying copics this month AND on top of that - putting together sets of 3s to match PTI colors?! Sooooo excited!)

No comments: