Saturday, July 5, 2008

My only grad card of the season.

It feels like we have celebrated every happy occasion in the last few months - Baptism, First Communions, showers, weddings... but this is our first and only graduation this year. I made this card for the party tomorrow. My husband's cousin's son (whew - what a mouthful!) just graduated the 8th grade. So I didn't want to make the card to boyish - aiming for a "cool" feel - LOL. How did I do? I hope that he likes it.

I pulled out a bunch of oldies, but very much goodies for this card. THIS is why I haven't been able to bear to part with any sets I have bought thus far :) I think that 2 of the sets used have been in a theoretical donate pile, but obviously am glad that I didn't get rid of them. I finished it up with Lemon Tart twill - I have gotten this ribbon in everyone of the PTI colors (it's by far my favorite. I find myself reaching for it a lot. Plus, it's great to use on guy cards... the twill ribbon lends itself well - not so ribbony, so it's great for boys too, IMO. I used Taylor's CC sketch for the week as my starting point, and turned it sideways to accommodate the sentiment, but otherwise followed it to a T.

Supplies:

CS - BG - the sheet is called Urban Dot ( I think it it from the Aged and Confused collection? - it's an OLD one, I think). PTI Kraft - love this!, SU - Artfully Artichoke and Buckaroo Blue; Stamps: SU Riveting, Little Layers Plus, All Year Cheer 3 (told you these were OLDIES!), and PTI Text Box; Other: SU Dimensionals, PTI Lemon Tart Twill.

No comments: