Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cards for a Good Cause

It's been a few quiet months blog-wise, but I have actually been quite busy all around. I can't believe that the summer season is coming to a close with Labor Day coming up with this weekend. Hopefully though the summer weather will stick around much longer. It has been a great summer - the kids all had a blast at their different camps. My youngest brother got married (what a fun time) and we spent lots of quality time with family all-around.
I wanted to share these three cards that I made as part of a larger group that I sent over to Jennifer for her golf fundraiser. She has been in charge of a golf tournament that will benefit for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation. What a huge undertaking and I hope that it goes well. I'm sure that it will! :) She had asked me and her other stamping friends for card donations that she will put together for one of the prizes.
I wanted to make few cards with my IA stamps because that is how we first met - on the IA boards! I should really get back into visiting that boards (funny how things go in phases...). The gals there have always been super nice and Jackie from IA is great too. I love their fun images, and especially loved the fun monsters! And of course I had to make boy cards, which seem to come the easiest for me. But I hope that it brings some variety to the selection of cards.
All the monsters on the cards are paper pieced. The cards are all simple, but fun! I hope that whoever wins the prize enjoys my cards! :)
Details: Stamps- IA stamps and PTI (for the Birthday sentiments); Inks: Tsuneiko (light blue, but can't remember the name right now), Palette Hybrid Noir, SU - Ruby Red (craft); CS - SU Barely Banana, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red; BG PP (Stella Ruby, I think?), PTI Stamper's Select.; Other: BG Brad (on the soccer card)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the monster cards! They are soo cute.... wait, did you WANT them to be cute? or scary? they're not scary... :D

I'm sure the fundraiser will go well and that card gift pack will be a huge draw!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I showed them to my volunteers and they loved them - they are sure to be a success!!!!

Thanks so much!