Monday, March 12, 2007

A few thoughts from the weekend...

It was a really busy weekend here at home. I don't know how the days get away from me so quickly! Somehow it was Thursday afternoon and then BAM! - here I am sitting here Monday morning.

Our cousins who recently moved to Massachusetts, visited with us for the weekend - so I guess that has a lot to do with the whirlwind feeling. They have 2 sons that age-wise fit in between my 3, so you can imagine what a blast they all have when we get together. It is so wonderful to see the boys play together. No matter how much time passes between visits, they play as if no time has passed at all. I love it.

We are especially close to these cousins, not just because of the kids, but because we just really love hanging out together (the big kids, I mean!) and have a ton in common. We are all about the same age, so that makes it fun too. Anyway, they stayed until Sunday and then drove home. They have moved around a lot in the last five years due to my cousin's job, but this is the closest (distance-wise) we have been. We kid them that in a few moves, we might finally get them next door to us - LOL! That would be a blast.

Anyway, in addition to having them over for the weekend, we had a couple of parties to go to as well. My oldest guy had a birthday party on Saturday night, and then I had a baby shower on Sunday, right after they left. So I wanted to share the cards that I made for the two occasions.

Here is the first one:




Stamps Used - Sporting Goods (SU) and Inky Antics Sentiment
Inks/CS Used - Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Accessories - Brads, Ticket Corner Punch

I colored the net in with my Prisma pencils and blended it with a stump and gamsol. The basketball is up on dimensionals and I doodled behind the ball to give it a feel of flying through the air. I embossed the sentiment with Iridescent Ice.

I actually made this card a couple of months ago (I think). I made it for a SCS sketch challenge (it was SC98). Like most other people who stamp, I love this site, and sometimes catch myself spending WAAAAYYYY too much time on the site (which I am NOT saying is necessarily a bad thing at all - LOL!). I only recently started doing the challenges - I think that they have been going on for a few years now. There is a different challenge each day, and they run for a week, although you can do them at any time, really. love going to the challenges for inspiration, b/c I often have such a hard time starting a card. I love having that direction.

The second card was for the Baby Shower that I went to on Sunday. The shower was for a close cousin of mine, so it really was a fun afternoon. I got the chance to hang out with lots of family and close family friends (I come from a family with lots of "aunts, uncles and cousins!"). I was especially happy that I got a chance to catch up with the girls that I don't always see often. I brought my littlest guy and he was great too, b/c as my SIL says, who doesn't want to see babies at a baby shower! He didn't really cry at all or pitch any tantrums all afternoon even when it was WAAAY past his naptime. He really seemed to have fun with all of the "titas", "lolas" and other little kids. He did run all over the place, but it was all in good fun, at at the end of the day and he is only 20 months and VERY active, so I can't really expect him to sit still, right? Plus the room was filled with lots of caring and wonderful people in my life who love me and my family, so it was never like he was not being watched by someone! :)

I always love it all the more when it is shower where I know more people, than not. I have been to a few showers where I only know the celebrant, but not really anyone else in her family (ie. like a co-worker), so I am usually placed at the table where I don't necessarily know everyone. Don't get me wrong, I am always so touched and honored that I would be invited to such a special occasion... I'm just saying ;)


Oh yeah, so here is the card (sorry about the rambling - I told you this was going to be my journal too, right?!)




Stamps Used: Blooming w/Happiness and Happy Everything, Everyday Flexible Phrases

Inks/CS Used: Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, WW, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Blush Collection

Accessories: Corner Tag punch, Paper Snips, Ribbon, Cording, Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals


I stamped the umbrella twice and put the umbrella part up on dimensionals. The rest of the card was pretty quick and easy.


So that was my weekend - I hope that you had a great weekend too!

No comments: