Thursday, March 8, 2007

More on Patterned Paper

I am still coming up the learning curve of posting on my blog. I wanted to add another card to yesterday's post, but for some reason could not get the second pic where I wanted to go. I think that I have to upload the pics that I want to use in reverse order, because I couldn't get the 2nd pic to move down lower in the post below the first one. Oh well, I'm trying!

So this is the 2nd card that I made from the same 6x6 sheet from Basic Grey. I love using up the scraps - it makes for less cleaning up later. Plus, I find that I usually end up not using those scraps anyway. They usually get lost in the scraps bin that I always say I am going to go through and organize (yeah, right!), or my kids get a hold of it and want to use it for whatever project that want to make or draw that afternoon. And I usually just say yes, because that is easiest!



I embossed the main image with Craft ink (Apricot Appeal and Always Artichoke - love these colors!) and Versamark. The flower image is from an SAB set from Stampin' Up. I didn't think that this set was really me and was one of the last sets that I chose for a freebit. But now that I have used it, I really like this image. I guess it was all the scripted sentiments that I wasn't drawn to at first, but now I find that I am even liking some of them too! Just goes to show that you never really know how something is going to look until you are done with the card. So I pulled more from the subtle blue hues in the PP and used Bordering Blue for my base. I stamped the base card with So Saffron (Craft) to soften up the base so that it matched the muted feel of the PP. Then I just punched 2 of the corners with the Ticket Punch, added some brads and finished it off with mustard ribbon. I really like how this one turned out, and I wasn't even planning to make this card. Like I said, just trying to use up my scraps!! :) You gotta love it when things go your way... its those little things in life that make you happy, right? ;)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Maria!
It's Geekgirl415 (denise) checkin' out your blog! Very nice and too funny about your card- i'll post mine using that same set on my blog! Apparently we had the same idea with the direct to image watercolor tech with those flowers!
See you later- :D