Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Using Patterned Paper

I have been pretty busy (relatively speaking) creating lots in the last couple of weeks. It is definitely because I have been on quite the buying spree and want to try out all of my new goodies.


All of my newest purchases have all come from one place, eclectic Paperie. I "met" Joy (who is one of the owners of this great little boutique) on SCS a few years back and happened to re-connect with her on the Inky Antics board. She is super-sweet - and she has to be...I feel like I have been inundating her with e-mails regarding all the things that I want to pre-order or buy from her store! I either change, but usually just add, to my list (well, I guess she wouldn't mind those e-mails, right?!), as she adds more stuff to the boutique. The store has a great vibe and has a ton of things that are right up my alley and totally match my taste. It is not a "we have everything under the sun" type of store which I don't like and hence do not usually end up buying from, believe it or not. (I'll definitely have to remember to discuss this thought more in a future post).


So back to my cards... (I definitely tend to digress very easily!) I have been using those awesome Basic Grey 6x6 paper pads that I bought from eP on pretty much all of my cards lately in one way or another. For me, you can't go wrong with using BG paper, because basically all of the sheets have awesome designs, so they can only enhance my card! LOL



I was reading recently on Paper Trufflez, about how Julie hates the idea of covering up beautiful patterned paper on a card. I thought back to that posting while I was making a card and realized that I wholeheartedly agree. I have noticed that most of the cards that I have made lately with patterned paper have a lot of the paper visible, which ultimately makes it a major element of the card. And in the card above, I had such a hard time not wanting to cover the patterned paper, that I didn't! ;) The floral blossoms ended up being the main image, which I embossed with Irridescent Ice to make it stand out more, and I only added the sentiment and paper pierced the side to mimic the feel of the dress pattern from the Basic Grey paper.

No comments: