Monday, January 21, 2008

2nd Challenges in 1 Weekend...Done!!

With a whopping 10 minutes until the 7pmEST deadline, I submitted my entry into Taylor's eP Cupcake challenge. I was happy that I was able to do, less so for the prize (which does look pretty fun though), but more so because I had set out the mini-goal to do it and it always feels good to achieve a goal, no matter how small it is, right? ;)

I dug waaayyy deep into my collection of stamps and found a fun little cupcake image in the SU set Little Layers Plus. This must have been one of the first stamp sets that I got. It has purple rubber, so it must have been a hostess set that I earned with one of my early big purchases to get me started (I've never hosted a party, so I know it was all me - LOL).

Anyways, I used a piece of chipboard as a base to the main image. I stamped the cupcake twice and raised the frosting on dimensional after I covered it with Dazzlin' Diamonds. I also used some new Heidi Grace PP that I bought in my last eP order for extra cupcake-ness!! And lastly, I tried that trick to make that scallop border with my slit punch. I liked how it turned out!
I'm off today for the MLK holiday. I love that I get another day to relax, hang out and spend lots of time with my boys until I start a new (and obviously slightly shortened to boot!!) work week. Hopefully it'll be a great week of work (things are starting to get busier, which is a great thing) and will be another weekend before I know it!! Have a great week!

Supplies Used - Stamps-SU: Little Layers Plus, LAD: Sketched Sentiments; Paper- Heidi Grace (both sides!), SU: Barely Banana, PTI: White CS; Ink-SU Chocolate Chip (craft), Palette Hybid Noir; Other-Costco ribbon, chipboard, SU-Dazzlin' Diamonds, Slit punch to make border

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy! great papers to go with the challeng- cute!!and yay for you for having a relaxing day off!! i missed that challenge- that would have been fun!