Saturday, January 19, 2008

Keeping the Momentum Going...

As I was blog surfing, I read in Taylor's blog (one of my faves - she is so creative and an awesome stamping style), that she was posting a fun cupcake challenge on the eP forum to celebrate eP's upcoming 1st birthday. (I can't believe how quickly a year has gone - I remember when their online store opened!) And on top of that, Stampendous is helping eP celebrate with a brand new exclusive stamp set called Hey There Cupcake! It is such a fun set. I really like their stamps and have bought a bunch ever since eP started carrying them.

Anyways, I logged on this morning to try the challenge. But before I started, I noticed while lurking on Jami's blog (another fave blog to visit!), that she had posted another challenge (which, along with Taylor's challenge prizes - they are going to put everyone who posts a project for the each of the challenges into raffles. And the pail of Stampendous goodies look awesome!) for today for the eP celebration. Hers was to create a birthday ensemble - a card and gift (or a container to hold the gift). My goal is to do both the challenges this weekend before the 4pm Sunday deadline (PST - which gives me extra time since I am out on the EC!), and I started with Jami's first. I had a bought one of these tins from eP ages ago, and it was still sitting unaltered. So I thought it would be a great gift card holder for someone and I started from there. I used the new Basic Grey Two Scoops paper - I had gotten the 6x6 pad just a week ago and have been digging in. I really like the 6x6 pads not only because of the way it is sized down for card making, but more importantly, because it is a great way to see all of the papers and try them out. I really only buy my papercrafting stuff on online, and when it comes to PP, I usually end up getting only what I like, v.s. trying too many new things or styles that are not necessarily "me," kwim? (I know, it's boring, but I noticed it and can't help it) But this project is exactly why I love the 6x6 pads.

I know that there is no way that I would have taken the time to purchase this sheet of PP from the collection. It didn't even jump out at me when I was first browsing the line so I know that as a separate item, it would never have ended up in the cart (even it is only $.69 - LOL). But as I was flipping through the different sheets in the pad, I thought the big flower would be interesting to work with so I used it as a focal point for both the card and tin. Not really my style at first glance, but I just went with it and this is what I ended up. I really like how it turned out, and now really like this PP - maybe I will have to go back and get the 12x12 sheet!! ;)

Here is a close up of the tin (I also decorated the inside of the lid) and the card. I used the match Two Scoops glazed brads (they are awesome!! btw - soooo pretty and really add to the project) as well as buttons on the card (with thin strips of Blue Bayou paper as the "thread" through the button holes.) And the layout of the card is based on Beate's weekend sketch. This is the first one I've even done off her blog (after all this time just lurking - LOL)
I love that I have been able to get back into papercrafting. I have been having a blast creating these last couple of weeks after all the time I took off. It feels great and I am trying to keep the momentum going!!

So now I'm off to register on the eP forums and post my card. Hopefully I will be back this weekend after I complete Taylor's cupcake challenge. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my name gets picked in the raffle!!!

Supplies Used: Stamps Used: Lizzie Anne Designs/Sketched Sentiments, Paper: BG Two Scoops, SU Barely Banana, Soft Sky (textured), Blue Bayou (textured), Ink: Just SU-Blue Bayou, Other: BG Two Scoops glazed brads and buttons, Prima flower, Ticket Punch, paper piercer, Twinkling H2os-pearl (painted on flower on the tin)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card and tin! Crossing my fingers for you that you win the raffle.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You're back with a bang! GREAT projects- love that paper!!!

Good luck on the raffle!