Sunday, February 3, 2008

They Won!!!

Congratulations to the New York Giants - SUPER BOWL CHAMPS! I pretty much sat glued to my sofa watching every second of this awesome (the news reports keep referring to it as "thrilling" and "unbelieveable") game. The Giants played so well and really deserved it in the end. And hello?! - what can you say about David Tyree's AMAZING catch on his helmet - I think the whole neighborhood heard me screaming. I'm surprised that I didn't wake the kids up from their sound sleep. I can't help but smile as I sit here and watch the post-game reports. They are all so giddy with happiness and all with great reason... Kudos to them!
So since I did not move from the the sofa other than to jump up and down cheering and screaming at the TV or bring my littlest kiddo a couple of bathroom trips (aka - his latest way of delaying the inevitable bedtime on a nightly basis) - they all went up to bed at halftime, I didn't get a chance to stamp anything else this weekend. I can't wait until they can stay up a little later on Sunday night for nights like this because Monday morning can get QUITE hairy around here for my hubby when they start off the week with not enough sleep.
I did want to post the card that I made before it got too late - and before I got too much into this new episode of House. I never watch the show other than to catch re-runs on TBS or some cable channel late at night. But this ep looks so interesting and they kept talking about during the game, I can see myself watching it before heading to bed.
I made this card for my monthly challenge (for January) with my stamping bud, Jennifer (bka as mackbrad). I know that she got it in the mail, so I wanted to post it before too much time passed and I forgot to do so. This was my first one after my hiatus from the latter part of last year and I made it simple - just make a card with something that we bought in 2008. I made her a card using Two Scoops paper and embellies from Basic Grey (these brads are awesome btw, they REALLY make the card imo). I also used 2 new VersaMagicDew Drop chalks that I bought specifically to match the paper. I really love how opaque the ink comes out. I had started to buy a few of the SU classic inks at a time, but now I find myself more drawn to the craft inks from SU (I collected all 4 sets of craft spots when SU was running some special last year) and these little dew drop inks that I picked up at eP. They just feel more substantial to me, so I don't mind the extra drying time. The layout came from a sketch challenge - I think it was from SCS.
As far as other details, the card (like all my others) are pretty simple. I have to say that I'm still hoping for that "a-ha" moment when I figure out what I am all about in my creativity. At this point, I mostly just imitate styles (i.e. pp and colors combos) that catch my attention and let sketch and color challenges from other talented stampers guide how I make my cards. Oh well, as long as I am having fun and enjoying my hobby, right? I can't let something else stress me out, so... I won't! LOL :)
Have a great week!!
Details: Stamps:SU-Baroque Motiffs, LAD-Sketched Sentiments; Inks: Dew Drops-Sea Breeze and Pink Petunia; CS: SU-Barely Banana, BG-Two Scoops; Other: Prima flower, BG-glazed brads

No comments: