Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Almost...done!

My littlest guy is turning 3 (sniff sniff) in 2 weeks. I can't believe that my baby is really officially a toddler... he's potty trained (has been for 6 months now - wahoo) and ready to take on the world, starting with preschool this fall. Maybe it is because he is the 3rd of 3 boys, but he seems so independent and maybe more like a little boy than a toddler most times. And even though he has been in full-day care, it seems different that he will officially be in preschool... complete with his lunchbox, school bag and rest time mat. On top of that, he starts camp with his brothers on Wednesday. This year I have 3 bags to prepare - you know... the water shoes, towels, swimsuits, extra change of clothes etc.

I don't know why this has hit me more so tonight... this seems more like a post I should be writing in September. I guess it is because I have been making his birthday invites - which btw are, of course, going out later than it should (so par for the course!). But then again, most of the guests are family, so one would argue why I'm going through all this effort vs. an e-mail or a phone call, since I talk/im with everyone all the time. I'm almost done. But I really like making them for my kids... and of course for myself. Oh wait, I should also clarify that the party will not be in 2 weeks, {I mean, who would be crazy enough to cut it that close??LOL}... well truth be told, I am shooting to have the party on the 7/12... so I guess that's only 3 weeks-ish away... yikes - better get these out. And then we'll finally be able to settle down and relax after THIS party! :) Didn't I already say that in a previous post :P ?

So about the invite... couple of interesting points... 1. I am always so trying to make my cards look handmade and chic, like the cards you see in the stores. Most times the cards look so homemade, but this one is ok, I think; 2. I used lot of different products to make it. I finally cut into my BG Cupcake paper - love it and used a few different stamp sets from a couple of different places; 3. I definitely give myself a gold star (well, I guess in this case it should be a red one) for incorporating one of my first paper crafting purchases... the star eyelet. I think it was a nice touch to give it a little dimension (besides putting the main image on dimensionals); 4. I am going to resist the urge to always mat my main image, b/c I am realizing that I like the way it looks un-matted (change is good, right?) and; 5. I really prefer the Versamagic and Brillance inks... love the coverage and the colors look so vibrant. I don't think it gets picked up in the pic, but IRL, the "3" is stamped in the Brilliance ink in Pearlescent Sky Blue and it is so shimmery and looks very cool. Although I think that I have said #5 before (I had a bit of deja vu as I typed it LOL!)

Supplies:

Stamps: PTI - Paper Trey, SU - Big Deal Numbers, Birthday Whimsy; Paper: SU Brocade Blue, Whisper White, BG Cupcake; Inks: Versamagic Dew Drop - Aloe Vera & Thatched Straw, Brilliance Dew Drop - Pearlescent Sky Blue, SU - Real Red; Other: SU Star eyelets, Dimensionals

No comments: