Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back on the {Stamping} Wagon...

Whew - almost 2 months since my last post. Where does the time fly? I guess that's a silly question, since I basically know the answer... it flies by with all the stuff that happens on a day to day basis. But it is amazing how a couple of days quickly turns into a week and then a month... well, you get the picture.

So the last couple of months have been very busy for us... I kid you not, we have probably had something family related basically every weekend since mid-May. We've had a wedding (my youngest brother) and all of the fun festivities that go along with it... bridal shower, respective bachelor and bachelorette weekends away (the girls spent the weekend in South Beach - and it is an understatement to say that it was blast! :) ), rehearsal dinner and of course the big day. We celebrated my oldest son's First Communion, as well as his birthday another weekend... 8 8 year-old boys plus my other 2 boys at a minor league baseball game - I get exhausted just thinking back on it again! Let's see what else... oh yeah, we celebrated my nephew's Baptism - and I was the godmother. So LOTS of fun family stuff, but admittedly we're glad that it is winding down ;) The last is my niece's birthday party this weekend. Then I think that we are just going to focus on just relaxing and enjoying the summer.
The kids' last day of school is tomorrow and I just finished up the teacher gifts, which I wanted to share today to celebrate my first night back to my craft table. Well, I guess that is a little bit of an exaggeration, as I have been making cards, but honestly it has been rushed in the 15 minutes that I need to make it. So I was really happy to get a chance to just relax and make these TYs - they are gift card holders. I got the inspiration from a wonderful card my stamping buddy, Jennifer, sent me last month. Jennifer is probably either ready to kill me or is just wondering if I fell of the face of the earth again. I used Dawn's toot, which btw is awesome... loved the fun music in the background too. It was so easy to follow along.
And J- if you are reading this... I am SOOOOOO sorry. You have probably e-mailed me, but I honestly have still not logged into my personal e-mail in a couple of months. I so totally still have to send you the May challenge. That is next on my list, I swear!!! I am such a horrible stamping bud {totally hanging my head in shame!} I promise I will try and be better and come up with something amazing for a June/July challenge.

So here are the gift card holders I made---2 sets, I started with the apple cards and then when I used up one sheet of the apple PP, I switched it up to change things up and use up a partial sheet of this Cosmo Cricket (I think) that I love.






And the last card I did tonight was a TY for the bus driver. Can't forget someone who take such great care to make sure that my oldest kiddo gets to and from school safely day in and day out!
But seriously...I can't believe that I just finished making END OF THE YEAR teacher gift again already!! Where did this school year go? Time is flying by faster and faster each year it seems. Is it just me??




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I *was* worried about you - but I also knew that you had a lot of stuff going on - son't worry we can still be stamping friends :)

Glad to see you back.