Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy, Happy Days


I've been doing a lot of papercrafting in recent weeks and this weekend is no different. Mind you, making 2 cards and 3 scrapbook pages is quite a bit for me when you consider my past volume of work!
Anyways, I used a couple of challenges done to ink up some new stamps and add to my card supply. It's nice not to have to rush and make a card EVERY time you need it.
Both cards used CHF stamps. Maybe other people are like me when it comes to new stamps and stamps companies (well, new when it comes to me). I go to my new stamps over and over again. I've made (relatively speaking) quite a lot of cards with these new sets, and I have added to my little CHF collection once again this week. :) They are running a great sale (it is actually still going on) to make room for the new products and stamp sets that are coming in.
I have never taken much notice until this year (I guess give that I am making cards on a more regular basis), but it really seems like all the paper crafting sites are discounting quite a bit. I guess my finance background never turns off. I wonder how much the downturn in the economy and overall nervousness of consumers have affected the craft industry. Even though the price points of these products are for the most part relatively low comparatively to a new home, car or something larger like that, I can't seen how it hasn't been affected by everything going on. So I'd be curious to see how much discounting is going on this year compared to past years when overall consumer sentiment is much more positive.
Well, back to the cards... the first card is based of Beate's sketch challenge this week. Fun sketch and I worked on trying to match patterns together in a more eye-pleasing way. I have a hard time with that.
Second card was just playing around, b/c I wanted to use the image and the Adirondack ink pad, both of which I picked up at CHF on sale. I have read lots of good things about the Ranger pads, so I had to check it out. Plus I was feeling in a fall sort of mood. The weather is starting to turn here now in NJ. It is getting cooler in the morning and in the evenings and is apparent that summer is on its last legs during the warmest part of the day....
Details:
1st Card:
Stamps: CHF Fall Silhouettes and sentiment; CS: PTI Berry Sorbet, Stamper's Select White; SU Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana; Ink: Kiwi Kiss and Berry Sorbet; Other: Berry Sorbet ribbon, scallop border punch, slot punch
2nd Card:
Stamps: CHF Small Daisy and sentiment; CS: SU Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Barely Banana; Ink: Ranger Adirondack Latte; Other: Scallop border punch, ribbon (Martha Stewart), Dimensionals, Paper Piercer

1 comment:

Beate said...

Great cards! Love them!
Thanks so much for playing! Hugs and smiles