Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Holding on to the Summer Time

Whew - I can't believe that it is September. The summer is officially over, but I am still holding on tightly to this wonderful weather and fun days our family has been sharing during my vaca! Luckily, I still have a few more days.

I have been working over the last few days on 20 of these TY cards (my goal is to get them done before vaca is over, but it is going to be CLOSE), in between hanging out with the boys, enjoying the wonderful weather we have been having and getting everything ready for school. We even put them to bed at the time they would have to go to sleep for school. My oldest has an EARLY pick up for the bus - 7:18am according to the notice we got in the mail, so it will take some getting used to for the new schedule. I wanted to ease them into it so they wouldn't be soooo tired for the 1st day of school which will be this Thursday.

So as I started to write, I have been trying to squeeze in making the TY cards and had been working on them tonight, since everyone was in bed nice and early. It has taken me longer than anticipated because of all the scalloped squares and also embossed squares! Geez - I love the nesties, but I have to remember that it takes time (and a lot of it) to run the CS through the CB (and 2x for the embossed squares!) when planning a card that I need to make more than a couple of at a time. So in between all the CB'ing, I took a break and made a card with a "new" (for me at least... you know that story about how cutting edge I am with keeping up with stamp releases!) set from Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms. It was the first time I bought anything from that site, and I really like the clean and crisp images you get from their unmounted sets. I also really like Kim's drawing style as well.

This one is all about the paper piecing really. And as you can see, I am really holding on tightly to the summer. I just ordered an autumn set from Kim Hughes (taking advantage of their Labor Day promo), but I am still in the summer state of mind...

Not sure who I'll be giving this too in the near future, since summer is over, but I'll just keep it in my little stash until the right occasion/time of year presents itself.

I better get back to the other summer (TY) cards on my list to-do now...

Details:
Stamps: Summer Fun, Making the Grade (for the sentiment- Summer Fun only has images!); CS: SU - Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, PTI - Stamper Select White, Kraft, Other - Dimensionals (yes, this is a very simple card with the focus on the paper piecing, but I thought anything more would be too much!)

No comments: