Sunday, September 7, 2008

Inspired...

This is my first try at one of Beate's Be Inspired challenges. I have been wanting to try them for awhile, but I never seem to get to them during the week. And by then I am usually trying to the WSC. But I was inspired to get a second card done last night and got to work. I really loved the colors in the Pottery Barn pic this week and used that and the four drawers as my starting point and went from there. I got this single image from CHF with the other sets on Friday and thought it would work well in this card (plus I just wanted to use it!) I colored it and applied the Crystal Effects on the jar and as droplets on the flowers for added interest and let it dry over night. I love practicing with my copics. I really wish one of this certification classes would come to my area, I would totally go. I need so much practice and would love the professional teaching. Anyway, so I put the rest of the card together this morning. I like the sentiment from yesterday's card - and I thought that it worked on this one too. This could definitely be another teacher card, or just one for someone I appreciated in general, right?
Hope that everyone fared well through Hurricane Hanna. We did pretty considering that we were supposed to get lots of rain. We did get the rain, but it held off long enough to get my oldest son's fall baseball game/practice in, but not the flag football practice. Oh well, 1 out of 2 is not bad considering no one thought we'd get either in! We hung out inside and played lots of Wii with my brother and his wife, who came over, and just eat in, which we don't usually do on a Saturday night. No way we were going to brave the rain! :)
The sun is shining so brightly today - hopefully the rain is gone until another day! :)
Details:
Stamps: CHF - Daisy Jar, Making the Grade; CS: SU Creamy Caramel, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, PTI Stamper's Select; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and SU Baja Breeze; Other: SU Jumbo Eyelets, Dimensionals and Copics
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beate said...

Great card, Maria! I love it for this challenge!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles