Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More school cards

I am still on a school kick and using my new CHF stamps, which I am totally loving! The company has such great images that really catch my attention and have this fun vibe that I want to reflect in the cards I am creating (and scrapbook pages that I have planned in my head, but haven't gotten to yet). I've signed up on their board and have been looking around the last few days. They have a great community with really friendly and very welcoming crafters. Made me feel right at home already! Like many other boards they have challenges and stuff like that which are really great springboards to getting your creative juices flowing and get people to connect and interact. So I tried one last night (last week's sketch challenge) after I finished cutting up the rest of the new stamp sets I got. I finished it, I had to wait until today to post. I was up so late doing a few different things - always juggling it seems like. I was down in DC for a day trip for work and the train I had to be on wasn't leaving too much later than when I finally laid down to go sleep. Crazy how when I was younger I could sleep until noon and it never felt like enough, and today...well, let's just it is a good thing that I don't need too much sleep to function - LOL ...Maybe it's because I know that is all I am going to get sleep-wise if I want to get everything I need to get accomplished - who knows? In any case, there is just not enough time in the day (and I know that I am not the only person who feels this way). Too bad I couldn't whip some up and create more time in the way we create cards and other paper crafting products... LOL!
Anyway, back to the card - I seem to be doing a lot of cutting lately, sometimes with paper piecing, but in this case not really so much. I stamped the wormy on some BG PP that have had for while in the scrap bin and cut him out. I stamped the apples twice - one time with Versamark and embossed it with clear powder and a second time in green for the stem. I cut the apples out and laid them together. I'm going to put this one aside and surprise one of the boys with it when something great happens at school in the near future. I know that they will love it. My middle guy loves the wormy and has stamped with it already (I think he might have inked it up first). They all love to play with my stamps and made scenes and color in the images. And I must say that they are pretty good about being careful with my stuff most of the time. They know all the rules about cleaning them and being careful with the inks.
Ok off to do other stuff before bed!
Details:
Stamps: CHF - Making the Grade, Four Square and Writing Paper Scrapblock; CS: SU Brocade Blue, PTI Cream and Lemon Tart, BG PP (don't have the name anymore since it was just a scrap), Chatterbox - the red side of Cowboy Paisley for the apples; Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy; Other: SU - Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder and Paper Piercer
Posted by Picasa

No comments: