Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another (future) card for the boys...

and 1st card for a CHF color challenge (CC17 to be exact).

I'm still trying out all of the images from the set, Making the Grade - there are so many to choose from! So I made double-duty out of this card and also did it based on the this week's color challenge. There are not a combo of colors I would normally use, but I think they worked well for a boy card. I can't wait to give them to the boys sometime soon. I think that I am going to keep making these every so often and build up a stash of cards just for my boys. I spend all this time making cards for others, but not enough for my own family, which doesn't seem right, when I sit and think about it. :P

And on the real world front, it has, by most standards, been an unprecedented day on Wall Street. As I type, I am still in shock about all the financial developments over the weekend... reading reports that Lehman is probably on its way to declaring bankruptcy (WOW is all I can say... even with everything happening over the last 12-15 months, I figured something would happen to avert this ending...) and Merrill Lynch in talks with BofA. The magnitude and speed of the fall (I had read somewhere that until June 2008, Lehman had never even reported a quarterly loss) is mind-blowing, but then again, the financial crisis is so far-reaching through the industry, it has been so hard to try and contain the problem and fix it... just ask the US government and all the other major players in the industry.
I hope that everything works out for the best for everyone at Lehman, but unfortunately it is probably safe to say that if the docs that are being prepared are filed tonight, things will look a lot worse before it gets better in the short term.
Monday will be interesting to say the least...
Details:
Stamps: CHF - Making the Grade; Ink: SU - Bravo Burgundy (craft); CS: SU - Bravo Burgundy, Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal; Other: silver brads, dimensionals
Posted by Picasa

No comments: