Saturday, January 31, 2009

Basketball Baller

It is a cold Saturday and we are spending the day in the house playing Wii. I love when we all play together and especially love that our littlest guy who is 3 1/2 can join the fun too (instead of just holding a control and thinking that he is playing!). Right now we are playing Super Mario Party 8 and I'm only in 2nd place. :P My oldest guy is definitely getting better in leaps and bounds. He's almost 9 and there are already a few games where I can't beat him. I'm going to have to work on my Wii skills. LOL.

The only time today that we have ventured out on this cold day has been for basketball practice for my middle guy. He has basketball every Saturday morning at 8:30. It's his first year playing (our recreation program starts in kindergarten for basketball) and I am his team's coach. I'm so excited and having a blast with it. The kids are so fun, so cute and try so hard. We're still working on basic skills and it is really amazing to see their progress each week. I think that today was our best practice yet. We had a couple kids who haven't been able to reach the basket (it's set at 6 ft, instead of the standard 10 ft, I think) make a basket and kids who were afraid of catching the ball, be able to complete our passing drills. You would have thought we won the championship! We don't play actual games yet either (to focus on the skills), but do we have contests, and my team has done pretty well at that.

So I thought a basketball card would be fun to make today. This is for one of my oldest's guys' very good friends who is having a birthday party next week. He is also on the same basketball team with my son, so I guess that this card is actually doubly appropriate! :) I used Copics to color this one. I've been slowly collecting them from eP - I love the look of Copics. It's fun to alternate with Prismas and Gamsol for the different looks.
Stay warm. (No running outside for me today!)

Stamps: IA (love their sporty kid stamps - they get so much use in my house... the kids love stamping with them too); Paper: Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango and Barely Banana; Other: Thread (still working on those corners), Dimensionals and Copics

No comments: