Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oh Baby {Blue}!

Hope that you had a great rest of your weekend. We had another snowy day today, but not enough to stay home from work (oh well). I've started to work on my kids' Valentines - I have a ton to make this year - my kids have multiple "classes" since they are in school for the full-day, including after school programs. I'm just about done with my littlest guy's cards, so I will be sure to share when I am.
In the meanwhile, here is a baby card I made with another Elzybells image - how adorable is this bear holding his duckie under a blanket??!! Love him. And guess what, if you visit again, you'll see that I made a girl version (seriously...don't be shocked). I had fun paper piecing the blanket (it was perfect for that) and the rest of the card, as always, came together pretty easily. Into my card stash it goes... now all I need is for a friend or family member to have a baby LOL!
And speaking of Elzybells - I was actually showcased this past weekend on the Elzybells blog. Mind you, it's not like I was picked or anything - Elizabeth (of Elzybells stamping fame) showcases any cards she receives during the week. And in an effort to get out there more with my cards, I sent a couple to her (she writes on her blogs that she welcomes e-mails of cards using her images so she can see them-which I think is really great of her), but not knowing that she would actually put them on my blog. In any case, I thought it was a fun thing to see my name on someone else's blog...
Stamps: Elzybells and Inky Antics (sentiment); CS: Baja Breeze, Chatterbox (another scrap - I used both sides too), PTI Stampers Select White; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Other: PTI Spring Moss ribbon, twine (maybe SU?), dimensionals, prismas and gamsol, paper snips, SU scallop edge punch, Nesties (both circles and the tag)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fantastic card! love the paper piecing blanket- adorable!!! and congrats on being "showcased"- that is so cool!