Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Swirly and Circly Birthday

Quick post for the day... this is birthday card that went out in the mail just yesterday morning for my cousin who is just 6 weeks older than me. He's a guy, so I'm hoping this has an adult-guy feel to it {hopefully!?}.
So I got the card out in time, but it is still probably going to be one day late... {sigh} You'd think that someone who likes to make cards would at least get them to the recipients in a timely fashion. But at least I sent it out and even BEFORE the actual birthday - sadly that is improvement. ;) I REALLY have to work on this. {Ask me if I made the card yet for the SIL's birthday which is TOMORROW!} Maybe I should get some kind of a more organized system. I am fabulous about this kind of stuff using Outlook for everything - but it hasn't really made its way over to my cardmaking. I might have to try and set up a tickler system at home. I'm sure that if I google it on SCS, someone will have a fabulous idea for me. No doubt a papercrafter has already come up with something...
Played with an SU set that might have been a hostess set from last year? I can never remember when sets come out... most of the time I get my stuff later than everyone else does anyway (I'm always so behind the times in everything it seems). In any case the image and sentiment come from the same set. I mimic'd the swirly circles by cutting out an imperfect circle in SU Pacific Point CS and topping it off with a button. Tried to tie it all together... Hope he likes it when he finally gets it - it is going coast to coast to sunny Cali!
Stamps: SU Birthday Whimsy; Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze (can't seem to put these 2 colors down!), Pacific Point, PTI Stamper's Select White, Scenic Route PP; Ink: SU Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point; Other: Dimensionals, Nestibilities, button, twine, paper piercer

No comments: