Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Comforting Polka Dots (and in less than 10 minutes!)

Hello, Hello!!

Tonight was one of those nights when I just wanted to get something done, but really not expend many brain cells. :) As a backdrop - I walked in the door well after 9pm tonight. Long day in the office. After eating a quick bite (I hadn't eaten dinner and was starving!), I decided to get creative as a means of just unwinding from the day. The kids were fast asleep already (I hate when I miss them before bed), but luckily, I saw them for longer than usual this morning because I started my day by volunteering at my middle guy's school. Today was the big community service day and we packed donated items for Operation Shoebox with the kids. FUN morning (that started at 7:45am) and it was all the better knowing that our packages were going to be heading to one of our soldiers.
So back to my late evening crafty endeavors... I decided I wanted to make a card, but I wanted to make a quick one. No long drawn out process/no agonizing over the layout to come up with something unique (well, at least for me)/no going and searching through all my stuff under drop cloths/and definitely looking through oodles of challenges on the internet... way tooo tired for that. So I just made a card - and in about 10 minutes I must add, from start to finish. Not only was it simple (which is all I usually do anyway), but quick. Very refreshing in a way (LOL). You wouldn't believe how long it can take me to make a "simple" one-layer card! And the bonus is that I like how it came out.
There's nothing earth shattering to tell about this card, other than it is for a dear friend that I have re-connected with after years of no contact for no other reason then we grew up and apart. Hey - just like my card - no drama!
I used this fun Kim Hughes/CHF set that I only got recently (took advantage of their recent Valentine's sale!).
Anyway, I'm pooped and I have to do it all over again tomorrow. Nite!


Deets: CHF Comforting Hugs; Paper: PTI Melon Berry and Stamper's Select White; Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Other: Paper Piercer, Copics, American Crafts ribbon

No comments: