Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better Late than Never!

This was my card based on Dawn's most recent color challenge. I was on time in making this (I finished it over the week), but missed the deadline to post. Oh well - so I figured I'd still post it anyway. I had to get creative with the Smoky Shadow requirement of the sketch, since I haven't had the opportunity to get. I didn't think I "needed" it... but guess what will be in my cart the next time I place a PTI order! ;) So my solution for Smoky Shadow - lightening up Tuxedo black by re-stamping the image in SU craft white right on top. It took the edge off the black and gave it a softer look, imo. Otherwise the card is pretty self-explanatory. I made it for my niece's First Communion, which we celebrated over the weekend.

Thanks for checking out my card!




Deets:
Stamps: PTI Everyday Blessings and Mega Mixed Messages (reach for this set ALL the time now, it seems); CS: PTI Raspberry Fizz Bitty Dot, Stamper's Select White, SU Regal Rose; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Craft White, Regal Rose (craft); Other: SU Regal Rose ribbon, dimensionals, Labels 1 and Square Nesties

No comments: