Monday, April 27, 2009

First Try at a SFYTT!

Hello, Hello! I gave this week's, I {Heart} to Stamp's SFYTT a whirl for the first time last night and used the sketch to create a birthday card. Now I know it doesn't look like a birthday card based on the sentiment I chose for the front (I did use a birthday sentiment on the inside though), but this card is kinda doing double duty. I made it for a friend that I have been lucky to re-connect with after many years of not being in touch. She was my grade school best friend and we have been having the best time catching up and getting close again. I had been meaning to make her a card with this sentiment (which I LOVE), and since it is her birthday tomorrow, I put it all together.
I had originally planned on used the PTI Bitty Dots paper, but then as I went along, I decided that none of the colors in the pack really worked. So I basically improvised and used the Melon Berry Bitty Dot ribbon and put a few of pieces together to make the panel as called for in the sketch. I thought it was different and hopefully adds some interest...
We have had summer weather here for the last few days - it is a HEAT WAVE. Not that I am really complaining, but we basically went straight from winter straight to summer! I have a tan to prove it and everything - and that was just from one day out in the sun for the boys' baseball and soccer games. Crazy. Sadly though, as per accuweather.com, the temps are supposed to drop more than 20 degrees to the 60s by Thursday. Again... crazy! But we're enjoying the weather while we can. I must admit, I do love not freezing while getting in and out of the car these last few days.
Hope your week is off to a great start.

Deets:
Stamps: PTI Life and Birthday Basics (on the inside), CS: PTI Summer Sunrise and Stamper Select white; Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Ocean Tides, Spring Moss; Other: PTI Melon Berry and Ocean Tides ribbons

No comments: