Sunday, June 7, 2009

RSCC #8 - You Deserve it! :)



Couldn't let the weekend pass without trying Dawn's latest color challenge. I think the deadline is tonight, so I might even be on time - bonus! :) Anyway, I decided to use the colors and make a thank you card to give to one of the boys' teachers. The end of the school is coming up quickly (how did that happen?), and I need to get on our thank yous. I thought that this pair of sentiments is perfect for any teacher at the end of the school year....

We had a fun weekend - the weather was amazing - it felt like summer both days (then again it IS summer - LOL). It was great all the same.

Can't believe another work week is set to start. No travelling this week, except for a lunch in the city, and I got a couple of big deadlines (and successfully I might add!) behind me last week, so hopefully there will be a moment to create during the week. Even though I'd love to been bit more consistent in my crafting, I am thankful for the time I have (makes me enjoy it more, kwim?), and even more so for having a career that keeps me as busy as it does. NO complaints here. It's a hobby afterall. ;)

Have a great week. Hope to check in soon.

Deets:
Stamps: PTI - A Day at the Beach; CS: PTI Cream and Kraft: Ink: SU Pink Passion, Cream, Memento Rich Cocoa, Adirondack Latte (serves as a great Kraft colored ink!); Other: Targe $1 ribbon, dimensionals

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Really cute card! Makes me glad I'm going to the beach this Friday! Very "happy" card.

Winter said...

Cute! Love that stamp set!

Aimes said...

Lovely! Great take on the challenge and you're so right - that sentiment is just perfect for a teacher!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful summer card!! Love those colors! You have inspired me to try them! Perfect teacher card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Wow that is fabulous. I think we could all use this card and relax LOL! Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.