Saturday, July 25, 2009

What's Black, White and...

...red all over. Answer: My card for this month's PTI Blog Hop! :)



Hello, hello... SO excited for another monthly blog hop. Can't wait to see all the creative goodies out in paper crafting blogland. This month, Nichole called for out take on texted background. So this was my take on it. I still am old school when it comes to the thinking about the newspapery text on actual newspaper - hence using Soft Stone as my base! I then out with a polka dot background (really lovin' PDB II - the spacing of the dots are fab and perfect, imo) in Fresh Snow and then stamped the scripty text in grey to finish my background.
I decided to focus on the newspapery text to ground my big 'ol red flower (get it? - red all over LOL). A perfectly picked button with a black bow and there you have it. Black, white and red all over. ;) Now I'm off to check all the other texty-creations. Thanks for visiting.

Deets: (All PTI, unless noted) Stamps - Friends Til the End, BB Text Style, Birthday Basics; CS - Soft Stone and Pure Poppy, Ink: Fresh Snow, VersaMagic Red, Versamark; Other: Button, DMC Floss, Ranger Embossing Powder

22 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Ahhhhhh very clever - love the pop of red from the flower - I like the subtle Polka dots in the BG and the text accent is perfect!

Heidi said...

VERY Cool!

IamDerby said...

REally nice, love that flower!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome card.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!! tfs!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! Love that vibrant red flower! :) TFS

Gwen said...

A real beauty!!! love how you have used the different text!

Marcie Sharp said...

The red really makes that flower pop! Great card!

peggysue said...

I like the polka dots in the background, nice touch.

Marge said...

Simply G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is so pretty!

Regan said...

love the big flower!

PurpleD said...

Wow, pretty contrast between text! Great idea.

Michelle said...

Cute theme -- love that big ol' flower too.

Karen said...

I love the subtle polkas and that big perfect flower with a sweet button center is fantastic! :>

BethieJ said...

SO PRETTY!!! love the flower!

Kim said...

I like the combination of backgrounds, especially with the addition of the polka dots!

Savitri said...

Gorgeous! The red flower's perfect on the neutral background!

Susan said...

It's beautiful!! I love that flower with the button!

Daniela F. said...

Ooh, Polka Dots go perfect with text stamps!! Beautiful card, Maria!!

Traveling Mama said...

Love your design and your color combo!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

The red sure does pop with this color combo. Super fun and fresh use of text.

It's a good life!
Terri E.