Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


Stamps Used: Inky Antics Girly Girl (thanks Laura!), sentiment from SU Birthday Best
CS Used: Lavendar Lace, PP from Basic Grey - Phoebe Collection
Ink Used: Basic Black
Accessories: SU Ribbon (Green Apple, I think), Brads from OTC, Prismas and Gamsol, CB-HB Embossing Folder, Nail File (for sanding)

So this card is not totally St. Paddy's-ish, but I did make it on St. Paddy's Day and it does have some green! ;) I definitely have an appreciation now for St. Paddy's Day (even though I am no longer in college LOL) as my kids are 1/8 Irish! ;)
This is actually my first attempt at doing the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. I did the FSC from last week, when the challenge featured AtomicButterfly. She has an AMAZING gallery. I found the card right away that I wanted to copy. I changed the stamps, PP and colors of the card. But I kept the same basic layout (minus 1 layer b/c my image was bigger than hers) and I used the same exact CB embossing folder too. I sanded the embossed PP too. She used a sanding block, but since I didn't have one, I used the nail file that I use on my blending stumps. I am really happy about how it turned out.
By the way, I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to post today, as the power went out here in the middle of the night - I guess due to the ice storm! We had to hunt down all of the carbon monoxide detectors in the house (everyone should have them, by the way), b/c they all started beeping once the power went out. Or else we'd never be able to get back to sleep with all the chirping from the detectors. When we woke up, the power was still out and the house was freezing. It finally came back on couple of hours after we woke up. It was a chilly few hours. It makes me remember to be SOOOO thankful for all that we have. We take the heat and PSE&G for granted in the brutally cold winter. I wonder how people who don't have heat, or homes for that matter, make it through the winter!!

No comments: