Saturday, June 30, 2007

Let's Go Back in Time (just for this post!)

Ok, so let's pretend that it is actually last Sunday and that I could actually be a timely person when it comes to my papercrafting (just go with me here-LOL). Then I could say it was Father's Day and now I can share with you the cards that I made for my wonderful DH from me and the kids.

So now that we got that out of the way!!
--------------------------------------------------------

I have to thank a famous stamper named Beate (of course EVERYONE "knows" her). She is the pinnacle of the stamping famous with likely at least a million hits on her blog (and counting) and all for VERY good reason. She basically help put SCS on the internet map and (at least IMO) created the whole concept of tutorials. I love her style - very fresh and clean and so very creative. Anyhoo, I obviously have never met here, but am part of the masses that check out her blog. She updates it so often (at least once a day it seems) that I love to just really settle in and read up on here blog when I get to check in once a week or so.

So, she has begun to do sketches on her blog and I used two of them for my cards for dh.



This is the one from my boys. I wanted to make a fun kids card, and I purposely incorporated my kiddos' fave colors to make the card. My oldest loves blue and silver, my middle guy loves orange, and my littlest is always drawn to red (think Elmo!) I changed the layout from the challenge slightly - I used my NEW Giga Scallop punch. And btw, I can't believe that I actually found it and the Giga Circle Punch in stock at All that Scraps - first purchase there and very speedy delivery I have to say. Plus how can you beat free shipping-wahoo!! So back to the card:


Stamp Sets used: SU-Out of this World and Rough Edges Alphabet. We hand wrote that he was out of this world on the inside (cute, right?)


Paper Used: Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Real Read and WW


Ink Used: Same, minus WW, plus the Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drops Ink in Platinum

Other Accessories: Buttons, Twine and Dimensionals



So this is the second card and from me. (This is where I got the idea to do a non-standard sized card for next month, MB!) I have never made a circle card before, so I decided to give it a try. It is obviously so much easier to try something new when I have a sketch to follow. So going with the circular theme, I pretty much followed Beate's sketch verbatim. I liked how it turned out and even my dh made a comment about how different it looked. I used my CM circle cutter for the actual card and the PP where I stamped the sentiment. And then I used my Giga Circle Scallop!

I loved the sentiment and thought it was perfect for the occasion from me... We have many reasons (including 3 very special ones) to smile! :)



Sets Used: Reason to Smile (this little set is totally growing on me!)

Paper Used: Chocolate Chip, SU PP, Barely Banana, Taken with Teal

Ink Used: A dark brown permanent ink that I got out of the SU catty (the name totally escapes me right now, and I am too lazy go down the the basement to figure it out-sorry)

Other accessories: CM circle cutter, Giga Circle Scallop and and decorative scissors, eyelets

So now we can fast forward back to 6/30! I have to jump off now (the house is starting to stir), but I plan get back to post about a very special card I received and the challenge that my stamping bud, MB and I are doing! She had this great idea for us and I can't wait to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria!
Love your Father's Day cards! They turned out great!