Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Glittery Valentine's Day!!

I just finished putting the finishing touches on my Valentine's cards for the boys and my husband. I hadn't really done anything sparkly in a little while, and for some reason, the sparkly mood just hit me full force tonight. LOL Hopefully they won't think that I went too far overboard! :)
I didn't go too pink for the first card, which I made for the boys. Being the only girl (and not an overly girly one at that, except in very small doses) in our house, you don't see too much pink around here. But since it is Valentines, and I AM the only girl in the house, I definitely wanted to add some pink to their card. The little embelly at the bottom right hand corner of the card was made by coloring the outer chipboard circle in Bayou Blue and smooshing the heart in the middle in Pink Passion. I then dumped Dazzlin' Diamonds on the heart to have it some extra pizazz. The green DP behind it was made using the SU Tab Punch, but (obviously) not folding it up into the tab, and just using it flat. I thought it was a nice touch, right? And then Stickes on different parts all over the card for more sparkle and some paper piercing too. I combined a LAD sentiment and a SU image and just then put the card together. I think the boys will like it (fingers crossed!)
The second card is for my husband. The big heart chipboard is from SU. I inked it up with Pink Petunia VersaMagic chalk ink and then again poured Dazzlin' Diamonds all over to make it the obvious focal point of my card. I combined 2 different BG Two Scoops papers, that I thought still complimented each other. The letters were cut out and popped up on dimensionals. And then 2 green brads and that's it. I hope that he likes it too! :)
I can't believe tomorrow is already Valentine's Day and that February is already half way over! Where does the time go?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that work coorperates and I can get home early to celebrate the holiday with the boys. Even though it is supposed to be a romantic, couply holiday, we always spend it together We have fun looking at the kids' valentine's that they get in school and then have a nice dinner together. I like it better that way - we save the couply thing for our wedding anniversary anyway. I hope that you all have a great Valentine's day tomorrow!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennie Skaggs said...

These cards are fantastic. I really love how you used the envelope...I always wondered how to make a card using that. Jennie