Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday, already??

Where do the days fly? It seems liked I blinked and here I am on a Sunday afternoon with a new work week just around the corner. So before the day gets away from me again, I wanted to post this card that I made yesterday morning. Over the last few weekends, I have been getting my Saturday started with Beate's latest sketch challenge. The kids and I usually head down to the basement where I do all of my papercrafting after we get up in the morning and I have been able to kick out a quick card before I go to start breakfast and we are off to the usual Saturday activities (sport of the season, birthday parties, errands, etc - you kwim!). For this weekend's sketch, I used one of the stamped images that I got with my latest eP order. I guess this must be a Stampendous image?
I really liked this flower bunch - it is so fresh and sweet. And I used my copics for the first time to color this image! I bought 6 copic sketch markers to try out and I really, really like them. They are pretty easy when you want to color in something quick - vs. prismas/gamsol/stumps or watercoloring with re-inkers and aqua painter. I am going to have to get a few more though - most of the ones are kinda dark - more of what you would use for shading, but I didn't take that into consideration when I bought these - I just bought colors that I liked! :P Oh well. I think that I did ok with the ones that I had. I even add a little grass to the flowers, so they would look like they were planted in the ground.
Have a great week! See you again hopefully before next weekend. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo pretty - what a great stamp!

i'm pretty jealous that you have 6 sketch - I only have 2 a super pale pink and a super pale blue!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! I love that image!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Super pretty card- love the paper with the image!

Catherine said...

This card is gorgeous..love the image =)